Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Medicaid for Single Mom


I can speak first hand on this issue.  I was a disabled veteran from the Iraq war who had just finished my obligation of service.  Even though I was receiving some veteran benefits to help try to make ends meet, I was still struggling while I was looking for a job.  Looking back, I am surprised that the two things I cut down in my budget were food and sleep.  These two things are essential for anyone to have the ability to improve their financial situation.  I was able to not only purchase sufficient food, but able to purchase nutritious food.  It seems that everybody has financial difficulties from time to time and programs like Food Stamps, Medicaid, etc. truly help.

If someone who is in a financially challenged situation and doesn’t have optimal health or sufficient food probably won’t have the full potential energy and ability to engage in the workforce or work on a education to improve their financial situation.  I recently took micro and macro economics at my university and was surprised at the positive economic impact these programs have on our country during the recession.  These funds not only allow people to attain food and medical services, but keep businesses (grocery stores/medical centers) open with jobs.  Those people who get paid that work at the grocery stores/medical centers spend money.  This positive cash flow not only maintains the economy, but improves the economy.  After doing some reading, I was impressed that last year the food stamp program alone helped keep over four million Americans out of poverty.

It’s hard and tragic to imagine that four million of my fellow Americans could have gone without food last year.  According to the USDA, “food insecurity among likely SNAP-eligible households declined by 2.2 percent, and very low food security declined by 2 percent; food spending rose by 4.8 percent.”  These programs are not free food/medical support for anyone.  There is a criteria and process to be able to use these benefits.  I believe the most important population group that truly benefits from these programs are the children.



Children are young and still developing.  They are mentally and physically still growing and need more than anyone proper nutrition and medical care.  Once a child has developed without these essential needs, there is no turning back the clock, there is no recovery, and there is no re-developing.  These children are very vulnerable to the effects of poverty.  Being exposed to malnutrition, hunger, and improper medical care, places them in a position of a greater likelihood of lifelong disease and chronic illnesses.    During infancy and early childhood, the brain is developing and metabolic health establishes it’s biological foundations that will carry them for the rest of their lives.

 Proper amounts of food, nutrition, and medical care has been proven over and over a notable increase in their adulthood health and intellect.  Today these programs are already proven to be effective and have a positive impact on our country.  My only critique on the food stamp program is that I wish there were a more stringent criterion of foods that are able to be purchased.  For an example, someone who has a food stamp/EBT card can purchase $189 of potato chips or candy.  This is counterproductive to the spirit of the program.  Altogether these programs are not just nice to have, they are an American community essential to build the economy, build a healthier population, and a stronger nation.

2 comments:

  1. I’m Thomas Lisa by name. I live in Netherlands, i want to use this medium to alert all loan seekers to be very careful because there are scammers everywhere.Few months ago I was financially strained, and due to my desperation I was scammed by several online lenders. I had almost lost hope until a friend of mine referred me to a very reliable lender called Mrs Mary Clark who lend me an unsecured loan of € 95,000 under 2hours without any stress. If you are in need of any kind of loan just contact him now via:maryclarkservice1@yahoo.comI‘m using this medium to alert all loan seekers because of the hell I passed through in the hands of those fraudulent lenders. And I don’t wish even my enemy to pass through such hell that I passed through in the hands of those fraudulent online lenders,i will also want you to help me pass this information to others who are also in need of a loan once you have also receive your loan from Mrs Mary Clark, i pray that God should give her long life.

    God bless him forever.

    Thomas Lisa

    Testimony on how i got my loan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m Thomas Lisa by name. I live in Netherlands, i want to use this medium to alert all loan seekers to be very careful because there are scammers everywhere.Few months ago I was financially strained, and due to my desperation I was scammed by several online lenders. I had almost lost hope until a friend of mine referred me to a very reliable lender called Mrs Mary Clark who lend me an unsecured loan of € 95,000 under 2hours without any stress. If you are in need of any kind of loan just contact him now via:maryclarkservice1@yahoo.comI‘m using this medium to alert all loan seekers because of the hell I passed through in the hands of those fraudulent lenders. And I don’t wish even my enemy to pass through such hell that I passed through in the hands of those fraudulent online lenders,i will also want you to help me pass this information to others who are also in need of a loan once you have also receive your loan from Mrs Mary Clark, i pray that God should give her long life.

    God bless him forever.

    Thomas Lisa

    Testimony on how i got my loan

    ReplyDelete